Tuesday, October 16, 2007

NO ENTRY




I'm sure we have all been here, happily flying along enjoying the sights when suddenly "Bam!" You are randomly stopped dead in your tracks by a partially invisible sign that clearly states "No Entry" over and over and over again. Most people use these signs for security of their land, but I honestly must think that some people just do it to piss others off. There are other options to security. Honestly I have never ever had to resort to one of these "No Entry" signs. They are extremely restricting and do the job well, but they really are an eye sore and a shock to those who are just Happily passing by. I've noticed that while searching for land to buy these "No Entry" signs are always a huge negative. Personally, when I see these signs the first thing I see is "No" so I quickly run the other way. Just like searching for land in real life, we want the best views, wide open, clutter free, and advertising free areas to live. I urge sim owners to ban these signs and urge land buyers to pick a alternative form of security. This is one Random thing that makes me want to scream rather then laugh. Even though it is rare even random things can be irritating :p Stop The Irritating Randomness!!



Keepin it new, Keepin it real, and always Keepin it Randomly Wild.

2 comments:

- shhhh - said...

I put up my barrier after my home had been trashed twice with lots of SL junk left lying around ... and the second time as I was clearing up I damaged the house (I know my "fault" but then if there had been no junk ...) so I said enough is enough !!

Brangus Weir said...

I can't agree with you more!

There's only one legitimate purpose for no entry signs and this is during the initial construction phase of a sim.

Perhaps you're doing a build and you want to have a dramtic opening event, you might just want to keep people away for a temporary basis.

But no entry on mainland sims really make flying a pain!