Sunday, October 21, 2007

Breast Cancer


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The wonderful thing about second life.. is that it has just about anything that you are searching for. There are so many different people that all go through different struggles in real life, that bring the importance of their struggles to second life for the comfort and peace of mind of others who are going through similar struggles. I found such a place on Breast Cancer. Its called the "Breast Cancer Awareness Resource Center." Looking around at this place is absolutely amazing, it brings out so many emotions, fear, sadness, pride, strength, will, hope, love, and even anger. As I walked around I saw a wall with pink ribbons with messages above each one. Each ribbon made you feel a different emotion, yet one ribbon stood out amongst them all.
.........
......................
........
" Blessings to all those who have loved and lost, and power to all those fighting this disease, we are all in this together sisters, best wishes, Loma."
.............
....................................
............
That message says it all, and I am thankful to have seen it.
.........
....................
..........
A few days ago I found out that my Mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Came as a shock to us all, the odds of the results coming back positive were slim to none, but here we are. The trip to Australia that my mom and I were going to take was cancelled by her doctor, they want to get the cancer removed as soon as possible. Its out of our hands, nothing we can do but pray, and hope that all goes smoothly. I want to thank everyone for the hope, love, and support you have given me. Hard times come and go .. things may get worse but they always get better.

1 comment:

♥ JellyBean Madison ♥ said...

*hugs you tight sunshine* I know this must be tough. If you ever need me, I'll be here.